Sunday 17 June 2012

Bathing beauties

So I have an announcement, I have become obsessed with luxurious baths lately. There are so many different creations you can add to a bath to help give yourself an at home spa experience. Some of these products have benefits apart from relaxation, as if we needed more reasons!


Milk and rose bath - you can either add powdered milk (2 cups) or regular milk (2 litres). You can choose to add rosewater or essential oil of rose and then to make you feel like royalty add the petals of a few roses. This will leave your skin wonderfully hydrated and smooth!

Flower baths - adding these flowers to a bath can have fantastic benefits
  • Carnations have a healing effect and can help reduce swelling.
  • Chamomile flowers can breathe new life into your skin. It is also said to add shine to your hair so make sure you let your hair soak.
  • Marigolds have anti-bacterial and soothing effects. 

Oil baths - I love adding coconut oil to my bath when my skin is feeling dry. You can also experiment with essential oils, add about 7 drops to a carrier oil (almond, jojoba or sesame oil) or you can add the essential oil to some shampoo to help it disperse in that bath. There are many essential oils each with their own benefits here are a few of my favourites. If you are pregnant you need to be careful when using these.
  • Lavender has a very calming effect and can help give you a better night's sleep, a great choice if you want a super relaxing bath.
  • Geranium can improve oily or acne skin and helps give life to dull skin.
  • Sweet Orange is good if you have a cold/congestion and also to relive stress
Here are a few of my favourite bath products to help complete your home spa experience.



Voluspa candle in Crisp Champagne - notes of sparkling brut, vanilla and barrel oak. One word DIVINE!


The Body Shop Milk Bath - only one tablespoon transforms the water into a fragrant bath of creamy deliciousness.


iKou Turkish Rose Bath Salts - these salts are hand blended in the Blue Mountains, Australia. Designed to nurture, comfort and soothe.


Lastly a glass champagne, wine, juice, whatever it is that you enjoy to drink! To top it all off I like to have my latest book on hand to read. I hope you go and take some time out for yourself and become a bathing beauty xx









2 comments:

  1. I love baths! I just need that tub to go with it to make it even better. I miss my old apartment that had one of those big tubs, finding one is now on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Sherry, I am lucky enough to have that amazing bath while I complete my internship. Only over a month left so I better make the most of it! Thanks for reading!

      Delete