Friday 27 July 2012

New makeup from MAC Cosmetics

A few weeks ago I got some new products from MAC Cosmetics. I was lucky enough to have my sister visit me in India and she got these goodies duty free for me. It was a welcome injection of cosmetic commodity as I was starting to have severe withdrawals from visiting the shiny white counters and the new-makeup-haze that they ensue.


Purchases included Prep and Prime Loose Powder, Prep and Prime Lip, Paint Pot in Blackground and Lipstick in Rebel.

I have been using the loose powder over my foundation daily and have fallen in love. My skin is very oily and I usually have to reapply powder many times throughout the day, after using this to set my makeup I only need 1-2 touch ups during the day. If you have very dry skin I probably wouldn't recommend it as it feels quite dry and matte on the skin but that certainly isn't a problem for me. This product contains silica which can turn white under flash photography, I did a little trial and my face wasn't noticeably white or ashy but would probably be visible if you used a lot of product. It looks lovely when buffed in with a flat top brush, I have been using my duo fibre one from Crown Brush but have been eyeing off the Sigma flat top kabuki brush!

Used here was Prep and Prime Powder and also used a little of the Paint Pot smudged around the eye and set with shadow, lipstick is MAC Ruby Woo.

The lip primer is equally amazing, it has made even my cheapest lipsticks look better and last longer. I love the matte finish lipsticks but sometimes find they can be drying on the lips and using this underneath helps to keep your lips looking hydrated and smooth. A must have for you ladies who love to rock a bold lip.

The paint pots are a beautiful cream that is long-wearing, blendable and dries to a vibrant finish. I haven't played around with this much yet. So far I really love the consistency and layering shadow over the top. I have just been smudging this around the eye for a softer look and finishing with a taupe/grey shadow. This has been on my wish list after seeing one of Lisa Eldridges tutorials on a heavy smokey eye she did for Cheryl Cole, check it out on her blog page. 

Rebel is one of MAC's bestselling lipsticks, the berry-red number has a satin finish and gives a perfect pop of colour. I have been loving this colour on my lips, a change from my usual pinks and reds. 

Wearing lipstick in Rebel.

Hope you enjoyed reading about these products as much as I have enjoyed playing around with them. I will be heading back to Australia in a week so I'm sure the bright lights of the duty free cosmetic counters will draw me in and I'll have lots of new things to share. 

The reason for my belated blogging was visits from my sister, niece and boyfriend. We did some travelling together and saw the iconic Taj Mahal. I though I'd share one of my favourite snaps of this monumental building of love.



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous red! Really looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry, its seems we both have a lipstick obsession!

      Delete
  2. Happy to have you back from your 'blogging holiday' :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete